Christmas morning is the most magical day of the year, but that doesn’t mean that getting good ideas for Christmas breakfast is easy.
Added to that, who wants to spend Christmas morning slaving over a stove when you’re meant to be having fun?
What you need is ideas for awesome breakfasts that everyone will love – and most importantly – that can be prepped ahead of time.
A delicious breakfast casserole fits the bill. It’s big enough to feed the hungriest crowd, they’re the no-fuss solution for anyone who wants minimal cleanup.
Best of all, they can easily be made the night before – or further ahead if you want to freeze it.
Perfect for a lazy lie-in to start Christmas day. Just heat’n’eat while you work your way through those stockings!
To get a headstart on the day and enjoy a family breakfast together at the same time, we’ve compiled a list of the yummiest ideas for Christmas breakfast casserole recipes.
Let’s get stuck in!
Before we start, here’s my essential toolkit for successful make-ahead meal prep storage
Freezer Tape and Sharpie Set
Bag Stabilizer Stand
Ziploc Twist’n’Loc Food Containers
- Orange and cranberry French toast bake Nothing says Christmas like the flavors of orange and cranberry and this festive bake will make your home smell incredible on Christmas morning.
- Green chilli egg casserole Give your Christmas morning a kick start with this peppy green chili and egg casserole that doesn’t have bread of potatoes.
- Overnight eggs benedict casserole Eggs Benedict is just the kind of indulgent treat that Christmas morning is made for, and the blender hollandiase sauce with this one is nothing short of genius.
- Overnight breakfast enchiladas These breakfast enchiladas take just 10 minutes to prep, so even if you’re too tired to make it on Christmas eve, it’s still a winner.
- Strawberries and cream French toast Summer flavors they might be, but we think some succulent strawberries and cream will go down a treat with sweet-toothed folks on Christmas morning.
- Italian breakfast casserole This colorful breakfast casserole is loaded with veggies and full of medditerranean flavor.
- Ham and cheese English muffin make ahead breakfast casserole If you like your breakfast casseroles with some bite, then this English muffins recipe will do the trick.
- Ultimate French toast casserole This casserole can serve 8-12 people, brilliant if you have a lot of guests – or just want second helpings!
- Apple fritter breakfast casserole An easy recipe with just 5 ingredients like this one is a winner for breakfast casserole beginners!
- Sausage and cream cheese crescent breakfast casserole This casserole can be frozen either baked or unbaked, so it’ll be your go-to when you want to get prepped well ahead of time.
- Everything bagel breakfast casserole If you love enjoying a chewy morning bagel with your coffee, this recipe will give you your hit in a low-effort make-ahead version.
- Cheese grits casserole A filling casserole is a great choice when you want a hearty breakfast. We also love this as a side dish for Thanksgiving.
- Sausage pancake breakfast casserole For a killer time-saving breakfast hack, this recipe uses frozen pancakes. Once baked into this casserole, no one will be able to tell.
- Loaded breakfast casserole This clean eating casserole will get you your quota of veggies.
- Fireman’s overnight breakfast casserole A bread-free casserole with a mushroom sauce to drizzle over the top? Count us in.
- Breakfast casserole with egg potatoes and sausage If you want a casserole that’s full of nutrients, this is an excellent way to start the day.
- Bisquick breakfast casserole This convenient recipe keeps for five days in the refrigerator, so it’s a good option for smaller famillies. – If it lasts that long.
- Sausage apple breakfast casserole The flavors of this breakfast casserole are made for fall or a Thanksgiving breakfast, but we think it would be just as tempting for Christmas too.