We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it’s also the easiest one to miss when you’re in a rush.
Not everyone has the luxury of preparing a healthy meal when they’re struggling to get out of the door on time for work or school.
But if you want balanced energy, a faster metabolism, and better concentration, then eating first thing is definitely the way to go. It’s not only your health that wins; the cash you’ll save from not buying mid-morning treats will come in handy too.
If you never have time to cook breakfast, then check out this amazing list of make-ahead recipe ideas. They can all either be prepped the night before, or frozen for when you need a grab and go bite. – Plus there are some special holiday and entertaining ideas dotted throughout for when you need to save time and feed a crowd.
This is a long post – but stay with us – we promise, it’s going to be epic!
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Bagels from The Starving Chef. Click here to get the recipe
The only downside to a warm cream cheese bagel is when the filling spills out of the sides while you’re devouring it. This recipe, where the filling is baked inside them, is nothing short of genius!
- Upside-Down Orange Caramel Pecan French Toast Bake from Ambitious Kitchen. Click here to get the recipe
When you need a really indulgent breakfast for the holidays, weekends and special occasions, check out this orange-caramel creation – your taste buds will thank you.
- Homemade Granola Bars from Life Made Sweeter. Click here to get the recipe
Homemade granola bars are a convenient solution for packing in a lunchbox or eating at your desk. Plus, unlike store-bought ones, you can control exactly what goes into them. This recipe has an amazing 12 different flavors, so you’ll never get bored!
- Make Ahead Muesli Peach Smoothie Breakfast Jars from Food Bloggers of Canada. Click here to get the recipe
These muesli breakfast jars give a fruity twist to overnight oats, plus they’re sure to brighten up even the darkest morning. One bite and you’ll feel like it’s summer.
- Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits from 30 Handmade Days. Click here to get the recipe
These stuffed breakfast biscuits look too good! Experiment with this recipe by adding some spicy sausage for a morning kickstart you can’t resist!
- Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bars from Simply Quinoa. Click here to get the recipe
Did you know that nutritious quinoa has twice the protein content of rice or barley? Add a superfood like blueberries into the mix and you can’t go wrong with these healthy flapjack-style breakfast bars.
- Corned Beef and Spinach Strata from The Spruce Eats. Click here to get the recipe
If you have some leftover corned beef to use up, this is what to do with it. You probably have most of the other ingredients in your cupboard already.
- Frozen Smoothie Packs from Sweet Peas and Saffron. Click here to get the recipe
A morning smoothie will give you energy all day long, but let’s face it: the prep takes a lot of time and effort. Enter these healthy frozen breakfast packs that you can make in advance and blitz in an instant.
- Pancake mini muffins from Family Food on the Table. Click here to get the recipe
Because nobody has time to flip pancakes in the middle of the morning rush, try a big batch of these mini muffins to feed hungry mouths. You can even mix up the fillings, so everybody’s happy!
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos from The Kitchn. Click here to get the recipe
These Mexican breakfast burritos are easy to store in single servings for ultimate morning convenience. What’s more, you can prepare these in just 30 mins, making them speedy too!
- Cinnamon Rolls from Taste of Home. Click here to get the recipe
The dough for this yummy cinnamon roll recipe is left to prove overnight, and we think the finished product will ‘prove’ to be more than worth the wait!
- Sausage and Cheese Pancake Breakfast Casserole from Food Network. Click here to get the recipe
Breakfast casseroles are the answer for what to feed a crowd at the weekend. Either cut into re-heatable single servings, or freeze the entire dish for a family breakfast to enjoy together.
- Make Ahead Yoghurt Parfaits from Live Simply. Click here to get the recipe
These yoghurt parfaits are perfect for when you want a healthy breakfast that tastes fresh and light, but don’t have the time to meticulously chop fruit first thing in the morning. They look so pretty too – your Instagram followers will have a serious case of food envy!
- Healthy Banana Bread from Cookie and Kate. Click here to get the recipe
We love banana bread, so anytime we find a healthier version is a win. This one is made with wholewheat flour and natural sugars. Serve it with some freshly sliced banana and honey drizzled on top.
Go to page: