Getting ahead in the kitchen (not to mention in your life), can be as simple as learning some good recipes for make ahead meals to freeze. 🍽️
Finding the time to cook delicious and nutritious meals during the week is a challenge we all face.👎
With a never-ending to-do list, preparing dishes in advance and freezing them can save a LOT of time in the evenings, letting you squeeze more out of each and every dang day.
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.
If you set aside an afternoon, you can easily prepare a host of delectable dishes to store.
Check out this list of the best make ahead meals to freeze to in advance – we’ve included enough dinners to last you an entire month.
Your future self will thank you.
Before we start, here’s my essential toolkit for successful make-ahead meal prep storage
Freezer Tape and Sharpie Set
Bag Stabilizer Stand
Ziploc Twist’n’Loc Food Containers
Want to shop all our cooking picks in one place? Check out our dedicated shopping page, full of all our best finds from the interwebs!
- Turkey stuffed bell peppers from Ambitious Kitchen click here to get the recipe
These stuffed bell peppers are full of flavor, healthy and freezer-friendly – what’s not to love?
- Make-ahead chilli from Sweet Somethings click here to get the recipe This chilli is a real crowd pleaser and needs minimal accompaniments, it would be great for when you have company over.
- Make-ahead taquitos from Isabel Eats click here to get the recipe
These taquitos are a killer make ahead alternative to tacos. If you’ve never tried them before, you’ll be hooked in no time!
- Make ahead chicken fajitas from the Family Freezer click here to get the recipe
Continuing the Mexican theme, these fajita bags are the thing to make anytime you see chicken or bell peppers on sale.
- Frozen chicken fingers from The Food Network click here to get the recipe
Full of crunchy texture, once you start making your own chicken fingers you’ll never go back to the store-bought kind.
- Macaroni cheese from The Spruce Eats click here to get the recipe
Mac’n’cheese is the ultimate satisfying comfort food treat. The fact this one is ready anytime a craving strikes for its warm cheesy goodness is kind of dangerous – but that won’t stop us from trying this recipe!
- Make-ahead Thai coconut squash soup from Salt and Lavender click here to get the recipe
It can be hard to know what to cook when you need to accommodate different diets. So having make ahead meals to freeze like this sweet and spicy vegan soup on hand is a must.
- Make-ahead southwestern turkey burgers from Sweet Peas and Saffron click here to get the recipe
If you love burgers (who doesn’t!), then having a few lighter options to fall back on means even more opportunities to enjoy them! We can’t wait to try these appetizing southwestern ones, made with healthy turkey. If you have a weak spot for turkey burgers then be sure to stop by our list of the tastiest turkey burger recipes on the web.
- Make-ahead Tuscan bean pasta from Six Sisters Stuff click here to get the recipe
There’s no better choice than pasta choice when it comes to freezer meals on a budget. This filling and flavorful make-ahead dish will be your new hero on lazy nights.
- Make-ahead beef stew from A Pinch of Yum click here to get the recipe
Warming beef stew really hits the spot during the colder months, so be sure to make up a big batch of this. You’ll be glad you did when you’ve spent a busy day kicking through fall leaves.
My favorite make-ahead cook book
Seriously Good Freezer Meals Recipe Book
Make-ahead appetizer accessories we love
Day Of The Week Food Labels
Reusable Storage Bags
Joseph Joseph Nested Plastic Containers
Want to shop all our Cooking picks in one place? Check out our dedicated shopping page, full of all our best finds from the interwebs!